Monday, December 17, 2007

Coming Home

Three days is a long time. But then Sensei says that I am not a patient person, and I know this to be true. I have been waiting three days for him to return home. And three days is a long time. I am thinking that this must be a lesson that Sensei is teaching me. Patience is a virtue, he says, especially when one is...here, with me. I have often thought of these words, wondered at there exact meaning. Another lesson that Sensei will teach me later I guess. Even thinking of it makes me impatient to know!

Sensei is due to home in four hours. Only four more hours! I go over what I have done in his absence. Every morning I would rise early for my meditation. I do so on the insistence of Sensei. He says that a calm mind can more easily handle his lessons. And Oh! How true I have found this to be! After this, I would take a small meal. Then I would set about the tasks that he had set for that day. Most involved up-keep of our home, or something obscure that was related to my training. I am proud to say that I completed all of these task, though some were not easy. One of the more difficult was the cold shower - outside. He often speaks highly of my modesty, but he thinks that it needs to be...released a little at the least. So - more lessons.

As I think of the tasks, and how I was able to complete them all, I feel a little proud of myself. I hope that I am able to please Sensei with what I have done. Our home is beautiful; clean and bright. I know that he feels happy here, at peace with the world. I feel that this is dear to him. I think that learning about Sensei is one of the hardest tasks that he has set for me! And even though I have been with him for a time now, he makes it no easier!

Time goes slowly as I wait. I check the rooms one last time. Everything seems in order. But then I notice the papers at my writing desk. I have not tidied these! I hurry to the task. As I shuffle the papers, a small letter falls to the floor. It is written in the hand of my Sensei and is unopened. ow strange that I did not open it when I received it! I open it slowly and carefully so that I can safely put it away later:

" Hidenka,

I know that patients is not a virtue that you posses yet, so I will leave you this note, hidden amongst your papers, where you will find it later as you tidy for my return. As I write this, I am already anticipating my return to your side with...a deep, throbbing fire. I expect you to be ready for me when I return, as I will need your....attention.

Sensei Kowaku"


Oh Sensei! Why does he do such things to me! Now I am forced to wait with pinpricks of anticipation! He knows what it will do to me, and that I must endure. At least I know that he is suffering the same in his wait for me.



3 comments:

Gone said...

What an interesting blog so far... you are a kindred spirit I think :)

By the way it is "patience" not "patients" :)

All my best

Odoriko

Hidenka said...

Hello Odoriko,
Your name means dancer yes?

I am honoured that you like what I have written so far.

It is sad that I cannot yet view your blogs. But then, Sensei says that everyone must have their secrets. And living with a man like Sensei Kowaku, one learns to live with secrets.

Much love

Gone said...

Yes, my name means dancer. I love dancing :)

My blogs are only private to prevent people from my offline life stumbling across them and recognising them. I will gladly add you :)